Pixel Gun 3D is known for being a favorite mobile FPS with several multiplayer modes. Most of the players play it frequently. However, some are newcomers to the game. Here are some helpful tips to become experienced at the game. Pixel gun 3d fan page.
When you first start out, you have various free, starter weapons, which are the Simple Machine Gun, Simple Shotgun, Pixel Gun, Combat Knife and the Sniper Rifle, awarded when finishing the simple tutorial, along with the Light Wooden Armor. The Simple Flamethrower and the Signal Pistol are free, but they are unlocked by being free weapons once reaching level 2.
- A tip for all weapons, (including melee weapons) is NEVER to stay still, it gives your enemy a chance to kill you.
- Keep in mind, with any weapon, try to aim for the player’s head, as it does about twice the damage. Keep in mind that each defense requires skill for even better gameplay and success.
Starter Weapon Tips
As the Simple Machine Gun’s capacity is low, try to be as accurate as possible and use it in close to medium range, as this does not have a scope.
- Do not use the Simple Shotgun at the more extended range in multiplayer because it’s effectiveness is diminished.
- Use your Pixel Gun if necessary, since it has good accuracy, mobility, short reload time and attack speed.
- Don’t use the Combat Knife, unless if playing in close range maps or Knife Party and know how to encounter great enough in really close range and aiming for the head.
- Due to the Simple Flamethrower’s burning effect, it would be an excellent weapon to use in close combat for finishing off damaged players. Quickly switch to the Simple Flamethrower when you get behind an enemy player, giving you the element of surprise.
- When scoping with the Sniper Rifle, do not scope at close range, as your sensitivity and aim dramatically decrease. Only use the scope when necessarily encountering longer ranged enemies.
- Do not use the Signal Pistol at more extended range due to its slow bullet travel time. Due to its insufficient capacity, be as accurate as possible (due to its slight inaccuracy) and use it in close range, it is also a two-shot. It is better to use this as a rocket-jumping weapon instead of an assault weapon, due to its high blast when shot downwards.
Recommended Weapons Purchasing with Both Currencies
As you level up, many players tend to buy stronger weapons to increase offense. The guns listed below are weapons fit for all types of play styles, with both Coins (Coin) and Gems (Gem). (Note that one has to level up far enough to get certain weapons.)
- For Primary (Coin), if you are more of a long ranged weapon user, get the Marksman. It has decent lethality, good fire rate, functional capacity and excellent mobility. It can be upgraded to the Marksman Up1, which enhances the efficiency, the size, and the movement. If you want to make your Marksman Up1 better, you have to spend 99Gem(70 Gem on sale) to upgrade it. This turns it into the Marksman Up2. If you prefer fighting in close range, get the Icicle Minigun, Photon Shotgun or Assault Shotgun if you are more of a shotgunner. For Gem, get the Predator due to its high lethality at close/medium range, Crystal Laser Cannon due to its high fire rate or the Secret Forces Rifle, due to its high lethality. Primary weapons are the main guns of a loadout, and they contain a damage scale from mediocre to high damage, and they range from machine guns and shotguns.
- For Backup (Coin), get the Dead Star. Good lethality, good fire rate, low capacity (but still good!), decent mobility and no bullet travel time area damage. For Gem, get the Dual Hawks, due to their high lethality and adequate capacity. This has to be unlocked at level 27, however. Also, you can buy things such as the Alien Blaster or Dual Laser Blasters. Backups are sidearms/pistols that are handy for when you run out of ammo for any of your weapons. On a damage scale, they do small to mediocre damage.
- For Melee (Coin), get the Katana. Great for running and strafing. Storm Hammer for high lethality and an area damage attribute. For Gem, get the Chainsaw Sword, due to its very high attack speed, or the Dark Force Saber, due to its very high mobility. If you are not good at aiming to get theCoin Fire Orb which creates a 360 area of damage, this can be later swapped out for the Storm Hammer, which costs Coin which however does not have the burning ability. Melee is weapons that require not to be shot, but to be stricken. This requires going up to extremely close combat, and there are different varieties of melee; sharp, blunt, etc. Damage scale is small to high, depending on the weapon.
- For Special (Coin), get the Laser Bouncer Up1. It is very efficient when fighting in hallways. For Gem, get the Shuriken Thrower, because it helps in many ways. For one, it can pierce through your foe’s armor.
- For Sniper (Coin), get the Prototype, for high damage and wall break. Its enhanced version is the Prototype Up1, which also costs Coin. If you want to make your Prototype Up1 better, you have to spend 141Gem(100 Gem on sale). Or the Electro Blast Rifle for great, efficient, area damage. For Gem, get the Anti-Hero Rifle Up2 if you want a more powerful Prototype Up2, Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle Up1 for fast-firing action with a significant scope, or the “Sunrise”.
- For Premium (Coin), get the Demoman or the Mines Launcher, as both are partially similar. For Gem, get the Ka-Boom! Or the Toy Bomber. The former three Premium weapons mentioned in this paragraph possess the contact detonator attribute, which makes all of the opponent’s bullets blocked (excluding wall-break weapons). The Toy Bomber, on the other hand, possesses these three attributes; Looping Shot, Ricochet, and Area Damage, which makes this weapon useful in closer ranges. Specials are weapons that contain different types of damage and methods of attack, depending on what they are. These consist of sniper rifles, flamethrower/tesla, etc. On the damage scale, these weapons do mediocre to high damage. Premiums are weapons of mass destruction that consist of launchers, sci-fi weapons, etc. Most premiums deal out area damage instead of precision, except for a few. The damage scale for this contains the high cost.
Recommended Wear Purchasing with Both Currencies
- For the Hat (Coin), if you have reached the Adamant League (see Leagues for more information), you can buy the Burning Tiara, which accelerates your movement speed and increases your weapon damage, jump height and armor points. Currently, there are no hats which cost Gem, so that’s why no caps with the premium currency are mentioned for the recommendation.
For the Mask (Gem), buy the Demolition Mask, since it tremendously increases your jump height. If you are tight on Gem, or if you are currently saving up for a gem-costing weapon, then buy the Maniac Mask (which Costco). It may not seem to be the best mask ever, but since it is the only coin-costing mask, you can buy that mask. Well, only if you want a melee damage increase.
- For the Armor, since there is only one armor set with various upgrades, fully upgrade your armor. If you want, you can unequip your shield if you are skilled enough not to need it. Note that all armor forms costCoin so no need to panic if the next upgrade will cost Gem.
- No Armor — Players with no armor and have the lowest of health defense.
- Wooden Armor — The lowest class of armor, providing minimal health defense.
- Iron Armor- The 2nd lowest class of armor, provides minimal to average health defense.
- Golden Armor — A intermediate armor that provides a medium amount of health defense.
- Diamond Armor — A now medium armor that provides medium to high health defense.
- Ruby Armor — High-class armor that provides a high amount of health defense.
- Adamant Armor- A high-class rental armor that provides a high health defense, but for a limited amount of time.
- For the Skin, nothing is recommended. Choose which one you like, since there are about 120 pre-made skins. You can also create your surfaces, but you need 50Coin first to create an infinite amount of covers.
For the Cape (Gem), buy the Hitman Cape, since it tremendously regenerates your armor, at least that’s its main purpose. However, if you want to buy a cape (Coin), you can buy the Cape Editor, which is the only coin-costing cape. It increases the weapon damage, jump height and accelerates your mobility. The best thing? You can customize the color of your cape if you want!
- For the Boots (Gem), buy the Berserk Boots, since it can make you double-jump, and have accelerated mobility once you are wielding a Melee weapon. For (Coin), you can buy the Ninja Tabi (the only coin-costing boots), which make you double-jump.
- Grenades – Throwable explosives that can be bought or found and can deal good damage to armored players. Are not precise, however.
- Potion – A gear that turns the player invincible for a short amount of time, but can be seen if paying close attention to pixelated heat evaporation.
- Jetpack – Gear that allows the player to fly for a limited amount of time, holding down on the jump icon.
- Turret – Gear that provides as a sentry and shoots any players that it sees for a limited amount of time. Can be destroyed and will count as a kill, however.
- Mech – A gear that is controlled by the player and provides additional health defense that lowers every few seconds and offers unlimited high damage shooting. Can be destroyed.
- Boots – A character item that goes on to the feet of the character and grants different abilities, depending on the type of boots.
- Capes – A character item that is applied to the back area of the character’s torso and provides different abilities, depending on cape type.
- Hats – A character item that goes on to the head of the character. Provides different abilities and includes helmet armor.
Excellent Acceleration Tip: If you have the Berserk Boots equipped along with the Dark Force Saber Up2 when wielding that Melee weapon, you will become very accelerated and be able to run all over any map efficiently.
Note: You can also unequip all of your other wear (Hat, Mask, Cape, and Boots) if you want to show your skin and hide your wear and armor.
If you want the category to Hats, Masks, Capes, and Boots, see Accessories.
Recommended Gadget Purchasing with Both Currencies
- For the Throwing Gadget(s) (Gem), buy the Nuclear Grenade, since it deals a lot of damage, and it can deal Radiation damage. Note that it is unlocked at level 27. ForCoin, buy the Singular Grenade since it has Gravitation Force, which makes players being sucked into a black hole (however, it will not kill the players). Note that it is unlocked at level 22.
- For the Tools Gadget(s) (Gem), buy the Disabler, since it disables everybody else’s’ gadgets for 8 seconds, or the Voodoo Snowman, which makes transferred damage once the user destroys it. ForCoin, buy the Time Machine since it makes you teleport back in time. However, this will not affect other players.
- For the Support Gadget(s) (Gem), buy the Resurrection, since it will automatically resurrect you upon death if it can be used. ForCoin, buy the Reflector since, upon use, it will reflect 50% of the opponent’s damage back at him/her.
It is recommended to either uses a level 3 (or higher)Legendary pet, or a level 1 Mythical pet, since these pets are very efficient in gameplay. If you don’t like having pets during gameplay, or you don’t need them, you can unequip them, if you want.
When you reach higher levels, it is recommended to practice your parkour skills as well as your average reaction times. The wiki contains nearly all the data on weapons you can use that provide high firepower as well as electric mobility, or you can always ask members of the staff. Low reaction times can easily be achieved through gameplay with higher levels, or maybe it’s just in you (cheers, mate). Practice maneuvering in maps with several hazards like traps, high concentrations of mobs, mob/player spawn points. Maps like Parkour City are excellent for training. With enough practice, you can evade with heavy weapons such as the Automatic Peacemaker. Remember, when enemy players try to shoot you with powerful guns like the Prototype, you have to use your maneuvering skills to dodge their assaults by switching through a melee weapon, or at least something highly mobile. For even better strafing, buy the Berserk Boots for a double jumping and the Demolition Mask for increased jump height.
Rocket-jumping is a technique that works for most of the Area Damage weapons. Rocket-jumping helps you go to higher props and maybe escaping specific attacks. To rocket jump, you need to:
- Get an area damage weapon where rocket-jumping works (e.g., Signal Pistol) and hold it.
- Look down.
- Jump and fire quickly while in mid-air.
- Land into a higher obstacle.
Great Rocket Jumping Tip: While playing Flag Capture, use the OXBADCODE, (which is unlocked by finishing the Crossed Worlds campaign map) get the flag and blast the way you can rocket-jumping backward and keep on doing it until you make it to your base.
One of the best ways to earn quick Coin legitimately for newbies is to go to Co-op Survival and play until you have reached for the weapon you wanted to buy with Coin that is probably the best way to earn coins for a newbie (If you win, you are most likely to get 20 exp, and 3 coins, if you actually killed a whole lot of monsters). First, though, make sure you completed all three worlds in Campaign, as it provides one free weapon forever when completing that mode, which is the 0xBadc0de. It is handy for rocket-jumping. Also, make sure you have all three stars in each level and found all hidden currency in Campaign. Once you have excellent skills and know how to strafe well, then go to Deadly Games and keep on winning. Deadly Games provides more trophies, coins, and experience for those who won (but no experience or coins if you died, but if you did not get knifed right as the server permitted players to move, and managed to get a kill or two, you might earn a few trophies. Being one of the VERY first players to die without getting a kill may result in the loss of a couple of awards.)
Friends List- A list that contains people that are your friends in-game and can be used to accept/deny other players requests. Can also be used to create and manage your clan which is found in the friend list. The friend list is a bright blue icon located on the main menu of the game.
- Options – Options are found on a Gear Icon found on the main menu close to the Friends List. It is there that you can manage your preferred type of gameplay and set your preferred language.
- Coins – Coins are the currency of the game. You can achieve medals by winning matches, playing survival, and other game mode methods. You can use coins to obtain and upgrade certain weapons and accessories.
- Gems – Gems are another type of currency of the game. They can be used to upgrade guns or obtain certain high damage weapons fully. Gems can only be achieved through leveling up, daily rewards, or buying them.
- Cells – Cells are a method of switching to different guns. This involves five different boxes located at the bottom of the screen, with your currently equipped weapons in this order: Primary, Backup, Melee, Special, Premium. You can select which evidence to now use by merely tapping on which one you wish to use. This can be changed through the options/pause menu.
- Swiping – Another method of switching weapons is swiping, which can be seen at the top right quadrant of the screen. This was the original method of turning guns before cells were released. You swipe your finger over the weapon, either left or right to change, to a different gun.